Do you want to install dropbox in your amazon kindle tablet or other apps from third party app store? If yes, then there is no need to root your device, follow the instructions explained in next passages and implement it with your device. Moreover, there is no need to do Amazon kindle login from your fire tablet for this installation. The below mentioned steps will work on all the amazon kindle fire HDX, HD and next generation models.
The current firmware android version installed in most of the kindle fire tablets is 3.0 also known by mojito. This version is annoying for many kindle users as they have not been able to download the apps available on Google play store and the apps on the amazon app store are limited in number. Dropbox is one of the app, not available on Amazon app store, but here we want to clear you that you can easily side load this app from other device.
Now we are going to discuss the steps to install Dropbox on your kindle fire tablet. In case of any help and support, you can call at Amazon kindle customer service number. The experts will guide you in details.
- The first and foremost step is to, go to settings and open application menu.
- Click on the option where it is written that ‘allow installation from unknown sources’. Turn this option ‘on’. You will be prompted for your choice first but click on ‘ok’.
- Open the browser on the device and type dropbox.com in the address bar.
- Click on ‘download’ option.
- This may take time depending on your connection speed. If you face problem in connecting to internet, then go to Amazon kindle support page from other device and read the instructions related to connection settings carefully before implementing on kindle device.
- Open the downloaded file from the ‘downloaded’ folder.
- To open the folder, click on the menu button available on the top left of your silk browser. It will directly take you to the ‘downloads’ folder.
- Search for dropbox APK file in the folder and click on it to read the instructions before installing it.
- Once the installation gets completed. You can use it easily without any hassle.
- The shortcut icon for this app will be created on the screen, from where you can open it anytime. If you want to delete any app from the kindle, then go to Manage kindle devices menu from settings.
- Log onto dropbox account with login credentials. If you have not registered on this app yet, then click on ‘sign up’ option. If you find any problem in opening any app on your device, then you can take help from kindle fire support help
Important: The process of installing an app in the kindle fire tablet by bypassing the amazon app store is known as side loading. The main advantage of using this technique is that there is no need to root your device, just tick mark on the option that allows the installation from unknown sources. Moreover, this process work fully on all fire HD and HDX models. If you want to side load any other app in your kindle fire tablet, then you can do it easily by downloading the APK file from internet with the help of silk browser.