Kindle owners who have devices that date back prior to 2012 are warned to update their devices before Tuesday, 22nd March 2016. This update is necessary for the users to continue enjoying the books they have and also, internet access. Customers who fail to install the updates before Tuesday will have to contact Kindle Support and manually install the updates.
Updating Before the Deadline
These updates are really important as Amazon Kindle Support have stated that failure to install these updates will lead to errors. These error messages pertain to internet connectivity and saved books. Therefore, the owners of old kindle devices should install these updates as soon as possible. The following steps guide you to update your device before Tuesday:
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. More instructions about connecting to Wi-Fi can be found on Kindle Help.
- From the kindle home screen, tap the menu button.
- Following that, choose sync option and then click “check for items”.
- Keep your device plugged in and connected to the internet and leave it overnight.
- Note: you may not need to install this update if you have connected to the internet from your device after 5th October.
The method mentioned above can be used to update the device before Tuesday, 22nd March 2016. If you are receiving any error in any of the steps, you can check for a solution on www kindle com support.
Updating After the Deadline
If you are one of the people who will not be able to install the update before the deadline, then fret not. There is a way you can still update your tablet and enjoy access to the internet and your favorite books. First of all, you need to determine which software version your device needs. You can find these details on the Kindle Fire Support webpage. After that, you can follow the simple steps given below to install the updates manually:
- From your computer, connect to the internet and download the updates relevant to your device.
- Turn on your device and connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded update file to your device directory. Make sure you don’t copy the file in any specific folder and just on the drive.
- When the transfer is complete, eject your device and remove it safely from the computer.
- Disconnect the cable from your device.
- On your tablet, tap menu followed by settings option.
- Now, again Tap menu and select the option that says “Update Your Kindle”. If the file is not transferred successfully or the device is already updated, this option will be greyed out. If this is not the case and the option is still not available, contact Kindle Com Support for further help.
- Tap “OK” to perform the update on your device. The update will be displayed on your screen and your device may restart a couple of times during the updating process.
Once this update is applied, you will be able to access the internet and all other related services. You will also be able to access the saved books. If you follow the steps mentioned above, you will easily update the device. However, if you face any difficulty or error, you can ask for more help from the Amazon Customer Service Phone Number provided on the website. The support for Amazon Kindle has always been top-class, so you can count on it to get all your issues resolved once it for all.