If you’re a Kindle HD user then you can follow these facile steps to update your Fire HD device. You can ask for better Kindle Support by ringing up the professionals and experts as well.
As we know there are various fine tablets in the markets, and Amazon’s Kindle Fire HD is also a popular name among people as well. Well, Kindle Fire HD have all the reading capabilities of the Kindle but also offer access internet browsing, you can stream your video, and more countable apps. Being a user of Kindle Fire HD, you can step ahead to Kindle Fire Support if you face any technical issue with your device.
Like other tablets, the Kindle, Fire HD, and Fire HDX all receive occasional updates that add new aspects and enhance security. These updates generally happen automatically, but in some cases, they don’t, means you need to update your device yourself, or manually apply the update to your device. Neither procedure is specifically tough or long but helps to know what, exactly, you should do when it’s on you to keep your Kindle Fire up to date. Alright, below we have details regarding how to updating, counting what software version you should be on plus what to do in the event the update doesn’t install accurately.
Check your software version:
- You need to check your current software version before any update, so you can make sure the update hasn’t already been installed:
- You need to swipe down from the screen’s top and make a tap on Settings, Device, Options and then System Updates. It should read “Your device is running Fire OS X.X.X.X.” The current version of Fire OS is 5.3.1 or 184.108.40.206, at the time of this writing.
- Normally, when you Fire HD/HDX is linked to Wi-Fi, the device will update on its own without any input from the user’s side while there’s availability of the new update.
Starting the update manually:
- In case the update is not downloaded and applied automatically, you can fix it by visiting Settings, Device Options, System Updates, and Check Now/Update. The latter option will emerge if the update has been downloaded already.
- Your device will start again in order to apply the update. After completion of the restart, you’ll receive a message saying “Installing system update.” You can also take Kindle Help if you are not getting these points.
Update using your Mac or PC:
- Power on and unlock your device, then link it to your PC or Mac with the help of USB cable.
- Open the device drive called, ‘Fire’ on your computer or if you’re a Mac users and installed Android Fire Transfer, the program should come up automatically when you link your device. Drag the software to update file you downloaded previously and move it to the Internal storage of folder on the drive. Keep that in mind that you shouldn’t put the software update in any other folder located on the Fire drive.
- After completion of file transfer, disconnect your device. On your screen, you need to swipe down from the screen’s top then make a tap on Settings, Device Options and System Updates to start the installation procedure. Your tablet will start again automatically, and afterward, you will get a message saying, “Installing system update.” For more assistance, you can visit Www kindle com support or you can get in touch with Kindle professionals and experts.